The System Settings section under BlueIntegrator Explorer Static Configuration allows you to set general system-wide settings:
There are several sections in the System Settings dialog that can be modified:
- AS2 Settings: lets you toggle AS2 Audits on True or off False. If AS2Audit is True, all AS2 messages sent and received by BlueIntegrator are saved.
- Company Settings: lets you set the company name and company email address (default email for all administration issues)
- Database Settings: there are two connection strings that can be configured:
- MessageDatabaseConnectionString: the connection string sent to the message database; this is used only if the message database is external to the main database used by BlueIntegrator (the default is to leave this blank since the message database is usually configured as part of the main database, although the messaging database can be separate from the configuration database)
- TrackingDatabaseConnectionString: the connection string sent to the tracking database; this is used only if the tracking database is external to the main database used by BlueIntegrator (the default is to leave this blank since the tracking database is usually configured as part of the main database)
- Log Settings: there are three settings in the Log Settings section (see the notes below for more information):
- DuplicateDetectionDays: sets the number of days that duplicate detection records are retained by the system (one year is the default)
- LogMaxDays: sets the number of days for which all logs and tracking data are retained by the system (the default is one year)
- LogMaxRecords: sets an upper limit to the number of records in the tracking database; entering zero allows unlimited numbers of records to be retained
- Workflow Settings: this sets the duration in minutes for which a workflow lock is maintained (the default value is ten minutes); see the notes below for more information
- WSE3 Settings: sets the policy configuration Xml for the WSE3 Client Access (if used)
To make changes to any of the values in the System Settings dialog, click on the variable name and enter the new value, then click the Apply button.
||NOTE The Log Settings controls how long and how much information is stored in the tracking database. Information is maintained for the set number of days, after which it is deleted. If the number of records is exceeded, then excess tracking database records are deleted even if the maximum number of days they are to be kept is not met.The Workflow Settings value is the maximum number of minutes a workflow lock is held (maintained). If this time is exceeded by a workflow lock, the workflow instance is automatically unlocked. To avoid execution issues, you should ensure that no single synchronous operation in a Workflow (excluding waits and sleep) takes longer than this time.